Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week One, Done!

The kids and  I have survived our first week together. I'm still super excited to get to know my kids better and make amazing art projects with them. Next week is going to be a little tougher, we start our first projects and I will be testing 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. That's right, testing in art. Not something I agree with but it starts this year with a Baseline Test and ends the year with growth score. The state has mandated that districts develop pre and post test for every subject taught and here we are. Makes my heart sad for the students but it is what it is. We will move forward and thrive because thats what artists do, we problem solve and find new ways.

Week two is an exciting week for the primary grades who will explore print making in various forms like mono prints and monotypes. They will learn about lines, line direction and quality. Our curriculum focuses on the Elements and Principles of Art. In order to get through it all this year I have decided to pair an element with a principle. So Line will go with Unity because all the images will be unified by their use of line.

Already excited :)
Have a good week, everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment